Well, it’s August and that roaring in the distance can only mean one thing. Leo knows it’s time to shine, and whoever shone brighter than Leo?
Notoriously brave, notoriously stubborn. A natural leader, insecure, loyal, ego-driven. Leos are the alpha cats of the Zodiac and they won’t mind commandeering any situation.
With a good support system under them, Leos rise to the top, though they never forget to cherish the ones who helped lift them up. When you love a Leo, you’re protected by a lion. To insult a Leo is to invite the lion’s wrath.
The Leo Witch
Leos are the only sign ruled by the sun, which is, of course, a star and not a planet, around which all the planets orbit. Fitting for Leo, who loves to be the center of attention. It makes perfect sense for the Leo witch to be drawn to fire. This element can both warm a home or lay waste to it, depending totally on how you treat it. That’s Leo in a nutshell.
The Leo witch will find comfort in sunlight and recharge. Advancement spells, protective spells, spells relating to lifting up the self and ego will come naturally to the Leo witch. Accepting flaws, criticism, and personal change will be harder.
Spells For Leo
This spell is meant to give Leo a helping hand in matters of finance. Leos are creatures of luxury and seek out jobs that can facilitate their expensive tastes. Though Leos never shy away from responsibility or hard work, everyone could use a boost sometimes. This spell can be used for finding a great job or getting a promotion.
You will need:
- Mustard seed
- Cayenne pepper
- Bay leaves
- Gold glitter (for luxury)
- Echinacea essential oil
- Red candle
- Gold candle (orange or yellow candles can be substituted for gold, but why not treat yourself?)
- Strength tarot card
- A small bowl of water
- A symbol of what you want to achieve. This can be a job application, a description of your promotion, or simply a dollar sign. However you choose to represent it will be fine. It is only important the symbol makes sense to you.
It is best to perform this spell in the sunlight.
Grind your herbs, salt, and sand together until you have a fine powder, then add your glitter to the powder and a few drops of oil to your bowl of water. Place all of the powder into a bowl and light your red and gold candles. The symbol of what you want should go between the candles, the bowl should go in front (closest to you) and for the time being, you’ll hold the tarot card.
Dip your fingers in the water and sprinkle a few drops into the powder as you recite these words:
“Monsoons feed the desert
And the sun warms my back
Bless this earth of the Savannah
May it bring me what I lack”
Place the Strength tarot card on the symbol for what you want, close your eyes, and clearly visualize what your symbol represents. Now, still visualizing, open your eyes and stir the powder until the water drops are completely mixed in. Remove the tarot card and place it above the candles (away from you) and sprinkle a little powder on the symbol. Draw Leo’s glyph in the powder, blow out the candles and let everything sit until the smoke has completely cleared.
Now it’s time for a road trip! Take a little of your powder with you to the location of the job you want or your place of work. Again, visualize what you want out of this place and, taking 8 steps backward, sprinkle the powder here.
This powder works best with a combined action, but if you don’t have the time you can simply sprinkle it on job applications, pay stubs, business cards, etc. to see results. Do remember to mark the powder in some way after you’ve sprinkled it on these items (your glyph will work, a sigil, or just a few lines — think of them as scratches! Anything to activate the powder).
Taming The Lion
Occasionally overly sensitive, Leos don’t cope well with wounded pride. Having such thin skin can be a vulnerability Leo can’t afford, especially if they want to be the strong leaders they were born to be. This spell will work to make you more resilient and cope better when another’s words sting.
You will need:
- Cascarilla powder
- Peppermint leaves, fresh
- Three white candles
- Rubies if you can get them; onyx or amber can be substituted.
- Gold eyeliner
- A picture of yourself
Place two candles side by side and put the picture of yourself in front of you. Light the candles. Make a circle of salt around the picture and dip your fingertips in the cascarilla powder. Gently tap the picture of yourself to dust it using all your fingertips, then drag your fingertips over your chest, focusing on the area over your heart. Add a little salt, motherwort, and cascarilla to the wax as it melts, right at the base of the flames.
Hold the stones in your hands and recite these words:
“Tender paws grow tough with time
As I climb the highest peak
Words can’t hurt a lion
Not insult or critique”
Tear the peppermint leaves and sprinkle them, along with some motherwort, around your picture, with extra leaves sprinkled around the top of your head. Place the last candle nearest to you to complete the triangle, and light it. Encircle this candle with your stones. With your gold eyeliner, draw a line from the center of your chest to the base of your throat, up to the bottom of your chin. Repeat this action on the picture of yourself, so the picture matches. With your fingertips, smear the line of gold outward in either direction, all the way up to your chin to create a symbolic mane. Do this as well to the picture.
Recite these words:
“I wear a shield of gold
I hold the power of its heat
I have a lion’s heart
With every roaring beat”
Now, go wild! You can blast your favorite uplifting music and dance around, singing at the top of your lungs. Eat a feast. Go for a run, or perhaps sleep for 13 hours. Do whatever you like doing most that’s just yours. Keep the photo close as a reminder of how untouchable you are and move forward, not letting the chatter of sheep slow you down!
Lost In The Jungle
Leos are ruled by a strong moral code and want to do the right thing. Though this is what helps make you such great leaders, if your pride gets in the way, things can get murky. This tarot spread was designed specifically for Leo, and is meant to answer a question you have without bias and can be returned to whenever you feel ego clouding your judgment.
- This is the situation as it truly is. Without ego try and honestly look at every aspect to get a clear picture of what’s really happening. Now, with a better understanding think again of the question you need an answer to.
- This is your role in the situation. If you are playing a larger or smaller part than what you originally thought, don’t be disappointed! Though Leos love being the leader, it’s okay to let others take the reins on occasion.
- This is how others see you in the situation. You could be a hindrance or a help, and knowing how you are perceived by others will help you know what to do as you move forward. If you are unhappy with this perception, don’t fret. There is always room for change and being adaptable will make you stronger in the long run.
- This is what you want out of the situation, the best possible resolution to the problem that will serve not just you, but those who may be relying on you to do the right thing.
- These are the obstacles standing in your way. It may be someone else’s influence, something out of your control, or just yourself.
- This is how you need to personally change in order to get what you want. Though change is not often easy, when it’s necessary for your overall goals it becomes possible. Be honest here, just changing your outlook or how you are communicating can make a world of difference.
- These are the actions you need to take in order to achieve the goal that will serve you best. Maybe you need to let go of something or seek advice. Are there any opportunities you’ve overlooked? How do you overcome the obstacles?
- This is the situation that will unfold if you don’t take the appropriate steps or let things stagnate. It’s a warning that reveals consequences.
- If you have made the necessary changes and worked toward the resolution of your question, this is the desired outcome you’ll achieve. This can represent what you have learned, what you have accomplished, or what you have done for others. Good luck!
To all the Leos out there, I hope you have a glorious birthday. Keep those manes shiny and claws sharp!
Do you know how to enhance your magic, improve your intent, and get kick ass results from your spells all at once?
If you don’t, then you need to be utilizing the amazing energy system inherent to the human magical system. Tapping into this energy system allows you to understand the magic you’re using on a far deeper level and achieve results that will blow your mind.
In The Witch’s Energy System, I’ll break down the entire system into easy to use pieces so that you can learn to see, feel, and make use of this energy in a way that will completely change how you view your own magic.